I’d love to spend a week sitting on the beach, or maybe a few days at a spa, but it’s not always possible to take a vacation. For one thing, sometimes it’s not easy to get away, and for another, vacations can get expensive! Relaxation is important, though- without some down time you’ll burn out quickly! Try some of these quick ways to relax for free:
- Meditate: Meditation helps rest your mind and your body. Find something you like on YouTube and take a break.
- Take a bath: Create a spa experience in your own bathroom with bath salts and scented candles. Play soft music and ignore all knocking on the door!
- Read: Find a quiet corner and sit down with a book. Getting into a novel is the perfect temporary escape.
- Color: Yes- you read that right. Coloring books for adults is a big thing now, said to be very soothing and therapeutic.
- Eat some dark chocolate: Let’s be clear: this is not stress eating! It’s for health reasons- eating dark chocolate helps regulate stress hormones.
- Deep breathing: Sounds pretty basic, but taking a few minutes for some slow, deep breathing has an extremely relaxing effect.
- Watch a movie: Indulge yourself, and make sure not to do anything else while you watch- no folding laundry, picking up toys, or making shopping lists.
- Acupressure: Rub the space between your thumb and index finger to relieve tension from your neck and shoulders. Make it extra relaxing by using lavender oil.
- Sit in the sun.
- Listen to music: Whatever makes you happy.
- Cook a meal: Not because you have to, but because you want to. Engaging in a project can be very relaxing, and you’ll feel accomplished with the results.
And remember: When you’re relaxing, make the most of it- no checking emails or worrying about what to cook for dinner!