You might dream of decorating your home but worry that it’s too expensive. Relax! Home decorating does not have to cost a lot at all. It’s true that good quality furniture is expensive, but there’s still a lot you can do for your decor without spending a lot, and without being a DIY goddess, either. The secret is the accents, which you can get at any price point. Give any room a dramatic upgrade with these 12 ways to decorate your home on a budget!
- Know where to shop. That’s the first thing to know, because treasures can be found literally anywhere. Shop inexpensive home stores like Target, Overstock.com, and Home Goods for some really great buys on great stuff for your house. But don’t limit yourself to home design places. Keep your eyes open and you’ll find fabulous ideas everywhere.
- Pillows. Use inexpensive pillows in bold colors to give an old couch or chair an instant face-lift. Mix and match patterns and textures to add interest.
- Create an accent wall. You don’t even have to paint an entire room to change it. Paint one wall in a vibrant color, or cover it in a patterned wall paper for an exciting change.
- Flowers. Get a few inexpensive vases, or craft them, and keep them filled with flowers, which will instantly bring life and color into the room. Spring for fresh and keep changing it up, or buy some incredibly real-looking silk ones for a more permanent fix that you can still easily change according to your mood or the seasons.
- Decorative picture frames. Put your photos in bold frames to add color and interest to your accent tables.
- Throws. Like pillows, throws are a simple accent that can have a big impact on your older furniture
- Plants. Plants bring their own character to your decor, and you can up that effect by putting them in bold and colorful planters.
- Rugs. It’s a big and expensive job to change the carpets or redo the floors, but you don’t even have to. Get some rugs and use them to help decorate the room.
- Storage. Decorative shelves, boxes, and bowls are nice accents and they help your room by eliminating clutter.
- Reupholster. Reupholstering old furniture is a great way to give it new life.
- New towels. Don’t bother redoing the bathroom. Change it up with new towels in a new color for an exciting transformation.
- Wall art. Spring for some paintings or prints, or create your own. Check out Pinterest for some really cool DIY wall art.
You might still want to save up for a total room makeover one day, but these budget ideas are great for a quick fix!